Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My first blog award!

My blogger friend at TaleofTwoBuckskins has graciously awarded me my first blog award.  BuckskinsRule I thank you.  

The award is given by a fellow blogger.  The award comes in the form of a "button" to be displayed on my blog.  Without further a due...

The Stylish Blogger Award:




The Stylish blogger Award comes with a few rules:
 
1 - I must link back to the award giver, which I have done.  He is also in my blogroll.  Visit Tales of Two Buckskins to read about BR's life with his horse Smokey in the Pacific Northwest. 

2 - Share 7 things about myself.

3 - Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers with the award 
(share the love).

4 - Notify these bloggers and let them know about the award.


Seven things about me:

1 - I never run unless chased by something that has the potential to harm me (cars, angry mothers, children off their Ritalin medication, my wife with any type of wax product, etc.).

2 - I love to laugh; whether it is at you with you or at me or with me.  

3 - I do not like heights.  My legs get that sensation like they are turning into a fizzy soft drink.  Barely survived watching a video on my laptop the other day watching a man change a light bulb at the top of a 1783 foot tower I now know my arms get the same sensation because I could not reach the touch pad to stop the video - by the way BR, thank you very much for that video.

4 - I have set foot in 45 of the 50 United States. (AK, MI, ND, NJ, WI)  America the beautiful; is a true statement.

5 - I started a blog for fun and after almost a year I am still having fun with it.

6 - I love most all food; cooked in butter and or salt.

7 - I would love to get to paid to play golf 3 or 4 times a week at the fanciest golf resorts in America while my wife and kids either joined me on the course or hang out at the pool and spa until we all met for dinner at the local fare then spend the night in the presidential suite back at the resort...in case anybody is in need of hiring somebody that fits that job description your search is over!




Fifteen recently discovered great bloggers (random order):


1 - MisAdventures with Andi
2 - The Dawning Life
3 - PAMO
4 - Perfection More or Less
5 - Pre-life Crisis
6 - Empty Nester
7 - LLOL
8 - Observations of an Okie
9 - Laughing my abs off
10 - Facing 50
11 - Art Of Non Conformity
12 - Donna Perugini
13 - Frugal Golf Travel
14 - Bettyl - New Zealand
15 - Tri4thekids


Contacting each site informing them of their presented award may take me a day or two...so be patient if you visit me before I send you your award.


6 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Thank you so much for the great honor of your award! It's nice to be considered, but my blog is award/tag-free. Even so, it doesn't mean I won't keep reading your blog ;=)!

SherilinR said...

ain't you jist so sweet in your lil ducky jammies! bless yer heart!
thanks, dude. i have cliff issues. when i'm close to one, i feel the nearly overwhelming urge to fling myself off & see if i'll coast on the wind like an eagle. but it would be more like a flying hippo & they're not so much coasty as crashy, so i walk away.

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Kipp, you are most welcome, both for the award and the video. I too, am deathly afraid of heights. I was nauseous for about an hour after watching that video.

Carol E Wyer said...

You dearest person. Thank you so much for this award. I'm embarrassed to say that I have already got it but I am going to put your name under it (on a plaque)so everyone will know that you too passed it on to me.
Hurray another person who is afraid of heights..I don't feel so bad that I admitted that myself on my blog.
I enjoyed your reveals, especially the first one. I once tried to put wax in Hubby's hair but he almost bit me like a rabid dog so I've stayed away since then. 45 States is quite something...I've managed about eight counties in the UK and it's tiny compared to the States (I have however covered most of France)
Huge thanks...I shall shout out about you very soon.
Hope you keep enjoying doing your blog - I certainly enjoy visiting it.
Carol

Anonymous said...

AWWWW- SWEET! A Blog Award! Much appreciated! Thank you. I'm horrible about doing anything with them... but it doesn't stop me from hooting it up- I got a blog award!!!

I enjoyed your seven reveals. I envy your travels and I share your fear of heights. (I don't think it's fear as much as just good common sense.) And your dream job sounds perfect. Hope you get the call soon.

Yvonne said...

Mmmmmm...food. I too love all foods except lima beans. I can cook anything, and I agree, it all tastes best with butter, salt, cream, gooey cheese, mmm, mmm, good! Thank you sooooooo much for The Stylish Blogger Award! Oooooh...I have to do a bit of work in accepting this honor. Have to think on my 7 things to share, and promise not to procrastinate tooooo long. Almost a year blogging! Your love of writing and great humor shows in your posts, and I always enjoy reading them.