Thursday, February 25, 2010

John 3:16

You have seen it. You see it at most sporting events. If you are old enough, you saw it on a rainbow haired man, wearing a white t-shirt, with big sunglasses. If you are a youngster, you have seen it on Tim Tebow's face. "John 3:16"

Hopefully you have taken the time to read it. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."



Hopefully you know what it means. In the book "I became a Christian and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt" by Vince Antonucci. He put it in perspective for me. (I am paraphrasing what I remember Vince saying).


Inevitably in every parent's life there is one time at the mall, at the swimming pool, at a football game, at a theme park, in a public arena when you look around to check on your child and they aren't there. You stop and take a quick look here and there. When you realize they are not next to you, there is a panic that sets in that brings your world to a stop. At that moment nothing else matters to you anymore except finding your child. The rush of emotion that pumps through your body is indescribable. You are panic stricken, you are clammy, you are scared out of your wits, you are rationalizing, your entire focus becomes finding your child to make sure they are safe.


The love we have for our children, is minimal at best, compared to the love God has for us. Read John 3:16 again. God loves you. I mean He really loves you.


Tim Tebow is trying to get the message out to the world because he understands God's love. I am blogging about His love because I understand it. Tebow and I have never met. But we have a common goal to share the same message. Because we want you to understand it.

No comments: